Ultimate Dorito Casserole
Taco seasoned ground beef combined with diced tomatoes with green chilies and sour cream creates a delicious filling for this Dorito Taco Casserole. Layered between crunchy Doritos and topped with cheese then baked until golden brown and bubbling hot. Add your favorite taco toppings to create a family favorite meal!
Ultimate Dorito Taco Casserole
1 1/2 to 2 pounds of ground beef
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
large bag of Doritos
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn or 1 can corn
3/4 cup sour cream
taco seasoning (1 taco seasoning packet or see recipe below)
salt and pepper
Taco Seasoning Blend
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1. Place ground beef, onion, and garlic into a skillet and cook until beef is browned.
2. Add diced tomatoes with green chilies, rinsed and drained black beans, corn, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Add sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until everything is combined.
4. Crush half a bag of Doritos into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish then top with taco mixture. 5. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the taco mixture. Crush the other half of Doritos on top of cheese and then sprinkle one more cup of cheese over the Doritos.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and casserole is hot and bubbling.
Topping Options Shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado, black olives, sour cream, or gaucamole. Other Option Use shredded chicken instead of ground beef. You will need about 2 pounds of chicken.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel