Skillet Cabbage Casserole
This Skillet Cabbage Casserole is so simple and quick but delicious! With only a few ingredients you can have a meal in just 30 minutes. As a variation, try using Italian Sausage and for a low carb option try using cauliflower rice. But I will say if you use cauliflower rice you will want to omit the beef broth or it will be a little soupy. I am so excited for you to try this recipe and let me know what you think. Thank you for watching!
Skillet Cabbage Casserole Ingredients
1 small head of cabbage chopped or about 4 to 6 cups
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 cup of diced red onion
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes (I used the roasted diced tomatoes)
1 cup of beef broth
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of onion powder
1/4 tsp of dried thyme
2 cups of shredded cheddar and monterey jack blend
2 green onion sliced for garnish (optional)
Top with sour cream (optional)
1. Begin to ground beef in large skillet.
2. Add diced onion, garlic, seasoning, rice, diced tomatoes, beef broth.
3. Top with chopped cabbage and cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. After 10 minutes uncover and stir, then recover and cook for another 10 minutes.
5 Uncover and top with cheese and place skillet in oven under the broiler to melt the cheese (if you have a oven safe skillet)
6. Sprinkle with green onion and top with sour cream if desired.
7 Eat and Enjoy!
For a video tutorial, check out my YoutTube channel!