Pork Chops and Cheesy Potato Casserole
My family loves this recipe! It is easy and so delicious. Pork chops are browned, then baked over thinly sliced potatoes in a cheesy sauce. You can't beat the combination of pork and potato, so this dish is a must try.
Pork Chop and Cheesy Potato Casserole
6 to 8 boneless center cut pork chops
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove minced
2 tbsp butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup half and half
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
3 to 4 medium size Idaho potatoes
1. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and cook pork chops a couple of minutes on each side. Remove pork chops from skillet.
2. Melt the other tablespoon of butter in same skillet you browned the chops. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add soup, broth, and half and half. Stirring until creamy.
4. Gradually add the cheese until melted and completely incorporated.
5. Slice potatoes thinly and arrange in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Place pork chops on top of potatoes.
7. Pour cheese sauce all over the top, shaking and jiggling to make sure sauce gets down in the potatoes.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven, covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for an additional 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. It might take a bit longer than 1 hour total.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel