Peanut Butter and Chocolate Layered Dessert
This Peanut Butter and Chocolate Layered Dessert with a Pretzel crust has it all! It is sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy,, and rich in flavor. There is a peanut butter cheesecake layer, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate chips on top for some added crunch and decoration. It just doesn't get much better than the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. This dessert is a family favorite and always a hit at parties! Use sugar free pudding and low fat cream cheese to reduce the calories but not the flavor.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pretzel Layered Dessert
2 1/2 cups of pretzels crushed
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whipped cream
3.9 oz. box of chocolate instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 or 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a 9 x 13 baking dish add the crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter. Making sure all the pretzels are coated in the melted butter.
3. Firmly press in the bottom of the dish.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Begin working on the cheesecake filling. 5. In a medium bowl begin mixing with an electric mixer the heavy whipping cream until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue mixing until thick and cream has stiff peaks.
6. In another medium bowl, add cream cheese that has been at room temperature. Add peanut butter and beat until light and fluffy.
7. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
8. Add one cup of whipped cream folding gently and completely mixed.
9. Make chocolate pudding following the directions on the back of the box.
10. Spread the peanut butter filling over the cooled pretzel crust.
11. Spread the chocolate pudding over the peanut butter filling.
12. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the chocolate pudding.
13. Take one or two tbsp of peanut butter and put in a plastic bag and place in microwave for 30 seconds to soften. cut the corner of the bag and squeeze peanut butter in a zig zag pattern over the top of the whipped cream.
14. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips over the top. 15. Refrigerate for at least two hours to set before slicing.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel