No Knead Sandwich Bread
There is nothing better than warm, fresh, homemade bread! This sandwich bread is an easy no kneed recipe that you will love to make over and over! No kneed bread recipes have become my new favorite thing to make for my family. This bread is super soft and fluffy and makes the perfect sandwich or toast.
No Kneed Sandwich Bread
5 cups of bread flour (you can use all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp dry active yeast
1 Tbsp salt
4 Tbsp butter melted
2 1/2 cups warm milk
1 egg with 2 Tbsp water to brush over bread before baking (optional)
1. Place flour into a large mixing bowl. Make sure the flour is not packed in the measuring cup and level off each cup before adding.
2. Add yeast, sugar, and salt and gentle stir to combine.
3. Make a well in the center of flour and add melted butter and warm milk. Milk should be warm but not hot.
4. Stir until all of the flour is incorporated. You will have a wet and sticky dough.
5. Cover and let dough rest for 5 minutes and then stir again
6. After second stir, cover and let the dough rise for an hour.
7. Dump dough onto a floured work surface and cut into two portions.
8. Fold each portion into the shape of a loaf and drop in a greased and floured loaf pan. Gently push dough in the pan until its even.
9. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes.
10. Beat one egg with 2 Tbsp of water and gently brush over the top of bread.
11. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, until bread is golden brown.
12. I like to cover the top of bread, as soon as it comes out of the oven, with butter. Enjoy!
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel