New York Cheesecake
This classic New York cheesecake recipe yields a rich, creamy and dense cake that tastes absolutely amazing! If you have been searching for a recipe for a New York style cheesecake, then you will want to make this one. The texture is dreamy creamy, and the flavor is crazy good. It's made with cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, and a little lemon to add freshness.
New York Cheesecake
6 eggs, room temperature
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
4 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Graham Cracker Crust
2 packs (18 full sheets) crackers
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
Blend crackers in a food processor until crumb is fine. Add sugar and melted butter. Stir until the butter is incorporated. Pour into pie pan or spring form pan and press down firmly. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.
Instructions For Cheesecake
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
3. Add the sour cream, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla to the bowl and beat on medium low speed until combined and creamy.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
5. Next add the eggs, one at a time, beating slowly until everything is combined.
6. Pour onto the graham cracker crust in the springform pan. Make sure you grease the sides of pan.
7. Place the pan in the middle of a large piece of aluminum foil and wrap the edges of foil up and around the sides of the pan.
8. Place pan in a large roasting pan.
9. Pour some boiling water into the roasting pan, being careful not to splash any water onto the cheesecake. Fill the pan until water comes halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
10. Bake for 2 hours, or until the cake is lightly colored and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool slowly for another hour.
12. Do not try to remove the cheesecake from the pan until it has set up in the refrigerator for at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
13. Unmold the cake and top with your favorite topping.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel.