Mini Frozen Key Lime Pies
These Mini Key Lime Pies are perfect for hot summer days. They are so cool and refreshing and by keeping them in the freezer you always have a quick treat. You can also use lemon or orange as a different flavor.
Mini Key Lime Pies
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of melted butter
8 oz package of cream cheese
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp of lime zest
1/2 cup lime juice
2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until the mixture looks like wet sand. Take about 1 tbsp of the mix and press down into a greased muffin cup.
2. In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until creamy.
3. Zest limes until you get at least 2 tbsp. Then juice the limes until you get at least 1/2 cup.
4. Add zest and juice to the cream cheese mixture and blend until well combined.
5. In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until you get stiff peaks. This will take several minutes.
6. Add half of the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream and blend. Then add the remaining cream cheese mixture and continue to blend until everything is well combined.
7. Scoop the mixture into each muffin cup and place in freezer for around an hour to harden.
8. Once the pies are solid remove from muffin cup and wrap them each with plastic wrap or place into a container. Note: This recipe will make 2 full size pies if you prefer.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel