I can't say enough about this Peruvian dish! On my first trip to Peru I was introduced to this delicious meal and it is my favorite. There is a large Chinese population in Peru and the food has been greatly influenced so this dish is a wonderful fusion of flavors. It might seem strange to have french fries with a beef stir fry but it truly is amazing. You can substitute chicken for beef in this recipe if you prefer and it is just as delicious. So I hope I have inspired you to try this delicious dish that is a Peruvian staple.
1 lb beef sirloin cut into thin slices
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt and pepper
1 small red onion
1 bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
4 roma tomatoes (you can use 1 cup of grape tomatoes also)
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
4 large russet potatoes (you can use frozen french fries also)
1. Cut potatoes into french fries and either fry or bake until crispy. If baking toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
2. Cut sirloin steak into thin slices and season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Then fry in a very hot skillet, with some olive oil, in batches to insure beef gets a nice caramelization.
3. Remove the beef and place on a plate. Add onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables start to become softened.
4. Add soy sauce and vinegar, then return the beef back to the skillet and mix everything together. 5. Chop cilantro and add to the mixture.
6. Remove from heat and add the crispy french fries mixing until well combined.
7. Serve with a side of rice (optional)
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel