Homemade chicken noodle soup is a healthy and nutritious soup loaded with chicken and vegetables. This soup only takes about half an hour to make so it can be ready for dinner quickly. Classic chicken noodle soup will leave you feeling warm and cozy, and it is perfect for sick days and cold nights.
Chicken Noodle Soup
2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can use chicken breasts or tenderloins also)
2 quarts of chicken broth
1 pound bag of egg noodles
3 garlic cloves
1 onion diced
1 cup sliced carrots (or 1 can of sliced carrots)
1 cup diced celery
3 tbsp of salted butter
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 bay leaves
1/2 tbsp dried thyme
1 to 2 tbsp dried or fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Sautee onions, carrots, and celery in butter and cook until onions are translucent and vegetables are slightly tender.
2. Add broth, seasonings, and chicken and cook for about 30 minutes allowing soup to boil and chicken to become tender enough to shred.
3. Remove chicken from soup and shred using two forks.
4. Add egg noodles to soup and cook until they are done. This takes about 10 minutes. If you like a lot of noodles add the whole bag. If you like a little more broth add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the bag.
5. Return shredded chicken to the soup.
6. Sprinkle chopped parsley just before serving.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel