Classic Italian Risotto
Risotto is a traditional Italian dish that is simple, yet sophisticated. A bowl of creamy risotto can undoubtedly hold its own against the most popular side dishes. When you're looking to impress your guests, risotto will make the perfect pairing with just about anything.
3 Tbsp salted butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely diced onion or 1 shallot finely diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepot, sweat onions and garlic in 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil until onions are translucent.
2. Add rice and stir to coat of the grains with the butter and oil. Cook until a lightly toasted aroma can be detected. Do not allow the rice to brown.
3. Add white wine and stir continuously until almost dry.
4. Add 1/2 cup at a time of the hot broth and stir continuously until all of the moisture has been absorbed.
5. Continue add the stock in 1/2 cup measurements while stirring until all the broth has been used. 6. Add 2 Tbsp of butter and Parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel