South American cookie most popular in Argentina and Peru.
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
10 Tbsp butter
1 cup corn starch
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 can of dulce de leche or chocolate hazelnut spread
1. In a bowl mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and egg and mix.
4. Add the flour mixture.
5. Remove cookie dough from bowl and divide in two.
6. Cover each piece with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Remove dough from fridge.
9. Roll out the dough on a floured surface until 1/4 inch in thickness.
10. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles.
11. Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
12. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until browned around the edges.
13. Place cookies on cooling rack.
14. After cookies have completely cooled, spread some dulce de leche on bottom side of one cookie. Then sandwich together with another cookie.
15. Dust with powdered sugar.
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel.