Cola Glazed Ham
Easter is a special time to spend with family and to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. And of course a delicious meal shared with family and friends is part of the tradition. This Easter Ham is a family favorite and it is so easy and delicious. The Cola Glaze and the cloves give this Ham an amazing flavor, so I hope you give this recipe a try.
8 to 10 pound Smoked Bone-in Ham Butt
2 cups of sugar
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp of brown mustard
10 or 12 ounces of a dark cola of your choice
1. Make long slices across the ham in opposite directions to give a diamond shape, putting a clove in the point of each diamond.
2. Bake the ham covered with foil for 12 to 15 minutes per pound in a 350 degree oven.
3. After the first hour take ham out of oven and brush glaze all over the ham and place back in oven covered.
4. Continue glazing the ham every 15 minutes until the ham is done.
5. Remove the cloves and slice the ham.
6. Pour the glaze over the slices and enjoy.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook for 20 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
2. After the ham is done pour the pan drippings in the small sauce pan with any unused glaze and bring back to a boil. If the glaze is too thin add 1 to 2 tbsp of corn starch with 1 to 2 tbsp of water and pour into the glaze, stirring constantly until you have the consistency you desire.
3. Pour finished glaze over sliced ham and enjoy!
For a video tutorial visit my YouTube channel